Job: Tour Officer
Status: Temporary, Full-time (6 Months Contract)
Department/Location: Leader’s Secretariat
To assist the Leader and Caucus Members in carrying out their public, parliamentary, party and caucus responsibilities by organizing and coordinating events, and providing strategic advice and information on issues related to events, tours and scheduling.
To work collaboratively with Outreach, Community Engagement, Stakeholder Relations and other Caucus departments to coordinate events and the participation of the Leader and/or Caucus members in events in a manner that is reflective of the policies and messaging of the Caucus.
Responsible to the Director of Leader’s Secretariat and Tour:
- Tour and Outreach assignments as directed by the Director of Leader’s Secretariat.
- Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities for tour events and projects.
- Planning and overseeing outreach and media events in coordination with Outreach, Community Engagement and Communications departments.
- Generating creative ideas for the effective targeting of the Leader’s Tour events.
- Providing the Leader and Caucus with sound strategic advice as it relates to events, scheduling and touring in Ontario.
- Preparation of Leader’s Tour materials as required.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders, local community organizations, ethnocultural and racialized community groups on behalf of the Leader’s Secretariat.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Director.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience in events management/production or media event planning preferred.
- At least one year of recent experience in outreach, communications or public relations skills, digital events and/or live events production
- Experience with online meeting platforms such as Zoom.
- Technical and creative digital content and social media experience considered an asset
- Ability to multi-task / change task on short notice
- Knowledge appropriate to the position, of the Ontario NDP Caucus, the Ontario government and the working of the Legislature.
- Strong political judgment
- The ability to perceive and pursue new angles and political opportunities in the daily flood of information.
- Ability to write succinctly and quickly.
- Proven ability to work proactively, independently or part of a team, proven leadership skills, produce accurate and effective work according to tight deadlines and maintain organized records
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work with the public, ability to work under pressure, excellent computer and office organization skills.
- Enthusiasm for and availability to travel and work irregular hours including weekends is essential.
- Second language skills is an asset
- Experience in NDP organizations, ethnocultural organizations or labour organizations would be an asset.
The NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Please apply on this linkhttps://ndp.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=130
Thank you for your application. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.