To assist in arranging all of the Leader’s events across Ontario, from finding a venue, to arranging travel.
To assist with marketing strategies to reach the right audience.
To work collaboratively and form strong relationships with various stakeholders and community organizations to continue the positive relationships established by the Leader’s Secretariat.
Responsibilities to the Director of Tour:
- Tour and Outreach assignments as directed by the Director of Tour.
- Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities for tour events and projects.
- Planning and overseeing outreach and media events in coordination with Outreach, Community Engagement and Communications departments.
- Organize, manage and work within shared calendars, tracking documents, and project management platforms.
- Generating creative ideas for the effective targeting of the Leader’s Tour events; develop and execute cohesive and highly effective targeting strategies and tactics across multiple channels to reach the right audience.
- Providing the Leader and Caucus with sound strategic advice as it relates to events, scheduling and touring in Ontario.
- Close collaboration with and communication across multiple offices, departments, and teams on planning, execution, optimization and reporting of campaigns.
- Preparation of Leader’s Tour materials as required.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders, local community organizations, ethno-cultural and racialized community groups on behalf of the Leader’s Secretariat.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Director.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience in events management/production or media event planning preferred.
- At least one year of recent experience in outreach, communications or public relations skills, digital events and/or live events production.
- Experience with online meeting platforms such as Zoom.
- Technical and creative digital content and social media experience considered an asset.
- Ability to multi-task / change tasks on short notice.
- Knowledge appropriate to the position, of the Ontario NDP Caucus, the Ontario government and the working of the Legislature.
- Strong political judgment.
- The ability to perceive and pursue new angles and political opportunities in the daily flood of information.
- Ability to write succinctly and quickly.
- Proven ability to work proactively, independently or part of a team, proven leadership skills, produce accurate and effective work according to tight deadlines and maintain organized records.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work with the public, ability to work under pressure, excellent computer and office organization skills.
- Enthusiasm for and availability to travel and work irregular hours including weekends is essential.
- Second language skills is an asset
- Experience in NDP organizations, ethno-cultural organizations or labour organizations would be an asset.
The NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Please apply on this link https://ndp.bamboohr.com/careers/327
Thank you for your application. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.