To assist the Leader and Caucus Members in carrying out their public, parliamentary, party and caucus responsibilities by providing advice and information strategic issues of concern.
Outreach office will work closely with Research and Tour ensuring full co-ordination between the two groups and successful communication of the policies and priorities of Caucus
TASK, DUTIES, AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Maintaining contact with and becoming thoroughly knowledgeable about political, community and stakeholder organizations and issues through regular gathering of research from media, community, government, stakeholders and other sources.
- Developing, maintaining and monitoring files on government programs, stakeholder organizations and their concerns, general issues, events, and other matters of importance within assigned policy areas.
- Providing information and political analysis and advice to Caucus and Director of Outreach.
- Generating ideas for effective, targeted political action to advance Caucus strategic goals.
- Preparing proposed questions for Question Period and attending related Strategy meetings, Order Paper Questions and Freedom of Information requests, draft press releases, speaking notes, resolutions, motions and raw material for leaflets.
- Working with Legislative Counsel on private member bills and motions to amend government bills.
- Briefing the Leader and other Caucus members and preparing them on all aspects of contentious issues.
- Preparing a wide variety of reports and presentations for various audiences
- Representing the Caucus at meetings of stakeholder groups, etc. as assigned.
- Leader's and Critic's Tours, including event planning and execution.
- Other related duties as required.
- Knowledge appropriate to the position, of the Ontario NDP Caucus, the Ontario government and the working of the Legislature.
- At least one year of recent experience in research, outreach and public relations skills.
- Strong political judgment and the ability to perceive and pursue new angles and political opportunities in the daily flood of information.
- Experience with databases and systems used by the Ontario NDP Caucus a strong asset.
- Proficient ability to read, write, and speak Punjabi is preferred.
- Ability to write succinctly and quickly.
- Proven ability to work energetically without supervision, provide leadership skills, produce accurate and effective work according to tight deadlines, and maintain organized records.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work with the public, ability to work under pressure, excellent computer and office organization skills.
- Solid experience in investigative research/public relations.
- Ability to write succinctly, powerfully, quickly.
- Willingness to work irregular hours including weekends and to travel.
- Experience in the NDP organization, Ontario Government would be an asset.
The NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Please apply on this link https://ndp.bamboohr.com/careers/316
Thank you for your application. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.