Objective: To assist the MPP with their political and legislative duties.
Responsible to the Member for:
- Contacting Constituents and general public, by telephone and writing.
- Dealing with enquiries and solving problems ("case work") which come directly to Queen's Park, or which have to be referred from the constituency office for follow up.
- Contacting senior government personnel, professional people, officials from outside organizations, local government, the media, etc.
- Administering Member's office at Queen's Park and correspondence emanating from that office
- Keeping track of legislation and proceedings of legislature
- Keeping informed of NDP policy and the Caucus' position of topics of current interest, and concern.
- Performing specialized research
- Making enquiries and collecting information in connection with Member's legislative responsibilities and particular community interest and problems.
- Deputizing as required for Member at appeal hearings (WSIB, EI, etc.), at meetings which he or she is unable to attend (take notes or participate).
- Knowledge appropriate to the position of the NDP and/or Canadian Labour movement and of the Ontario Government and public affairs
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Equity and Diversity frameworks and considerations and as it applies to the duties of the position
- Ability to proficiently speak French.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work with the public.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to do general research.
- The person filling this position will normally be expected to have following basic office skills: typing shorthand or dictation, filing.
- Experience in the Labour movement or NDP organization and election
- Campaigns would be an asset.
The NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Please apply in this link: https://ndp.bamboohr.com/careers/291
Thank you for your application. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.