LEADER’S SECRETARIAT ADVANCER – CAUCUS ASSISTANT NDP CAUCUS SERVICES FULL TIME, PERMANENT (6 Month Probation)
To assist the Leader and Caucus Members in carrying out their public, parliamentary, party and caucus responsibilities by staffing events, and providing advice and information to Tour Officers and the Director of the Leader’s Secretariat to ensure successful events and tours.
To work collaboratively with Outreach, Community Development, Communications and Stakeholder Relations to facilitate the smooth participation of the Leader and/or Caucus members in events in a manner that is reflective of the policies and messaging of the Caucus.
Responsible to the Director of Leader’s Secretariat:
- Tour assignments as required in targeted regions, media centers or incumbent and non-incumbent ridings
- Working within timelines and priorities for tour events and projects, as set by Tour Officers and the Director of the Leader’s Secretariat
- Assisting Tour Officers in the planning and coordination of outreach and media events
- Generating creative ideas for the effective targeting of the Leader’s Tour events
- Providing the Leader and Caucus with briefings and sound strategic advice as it relates to the events the Advancer is staffing
- Preparation of Leader’s Tour materials as required
- Corresponding, on behalf of the Leader’s Secretariat and Caucus, with constituents, members of the public, stakeholder groups, community groups and government officials, in a manner that is accurate, professional and within the message box of the day.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders, local community organizations, ethnocultural and racialized community groups on behalf of the Leader’s Secretariat
- Other related duties as assigned
- Superior organizational skills essential
- Experience in events management/media event planning an asset
- At least one year of recent experience in outreach, communications and public relations skills.
- Knowledge appropriate to the position, of the Ontario NDP Caucus, the Ontario government and the working of the Legislature
- Strong political judgment and discretion
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills, ability to work with the public, ability to work under pressure
- Ability to problem solve and pursue new angles and political opportunities in a timely fashion
- Proven ability to work well with minimal supervision and in team settings
- Detail oriented and ability to produce accurate and effective work according to tight deadlines, and maintain organized records
- Enthusiasm for and availability to travel and work irregular hours including weekends is essential
- Experience in NDP organizations, ethnocultural organizations or labour organizations would be an asset.
The NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accomodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Applications to Human Resources Coordinator NDP Caucus, email@example.com