We are looking for a highly organized, motivated and detail-oriented Executive Assistant to help the Leader carry out her political, tour, and legislative responsibilities.
Responsible to the Chief of Staff:
- In consultation with the Chief of Staff, assist the Leader in fulfillment of her daily scheduled activities, events and news conferences.
- Assist the Leader with preparation for Question Period, debates in the House.
- In consultation with the Leader’s constituency office staff and the Chief of Staff, flag issues or events of importance with the Leader.
- Liaises with Tour, Communications and Legislative Affairs departments as required.
- Accompany the Leader on travel throughout Ontario.
- Assist with the management of the Leader’s public email inbox and written correspondence as required.
- Take photos and support Leader’s Social media outreach
- Other duties as assigned by the Leader and Chief of Staff.
- Knowledge of the NDP and/or Canadian labour movement, and of the Ontario Government and public affairs
- At least 2 years of recent experience in event organizing, on-site management, or public relations
- Excellent judgment and political sense
- Drivers’ license and excellent driving record a must
- Confidentiality is a key component of this position.
- Successful candidate must have enthusiasm and availability for frequent long-distance travel across the province
- Meticulous attention to detail
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work long hours
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work with the public; ability to work with minimal supervision; ability to work under pressure.
- Proficiency in major social media platforms preferred
- Must have excellent writing skills. Ability to write reports, to meet deadlines, produce accurate work and maintain organized records
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a high energy, fast-paced team environment
- Ability to multi-task / shift priorities on short notice
- Experience working in the labour movement, ethno-cultural and racialized communities, or an NDP organization would be an asset.
- Second language skills an asset
- Familiarity with equity, anti-racism and anti-oppression policy frameworks
Ontario NDP Caucus is committed to providing a flexible work environment where you feel supported to do your best work. Given the nature of our work environment most of our work is performed onsite at Queen’s Park in Toronto but flexibility for remote work is available. Extensive use of computers and collaborative work applications is a requirement.
Salary And Benefits
$80,000 annual salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to work on the frontlines of progressive politics in Ontario.
The Ontario NDP Caucus is committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all staff to reach their full potential. We believe that equity, inclusion and diversity is key to organizational success. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply including women, racialized persons, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and other equity-seeking groups.
The Ontario NDP Caucus is committed to fostering an accessible and equitable recruitment process for all applicants. We will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations to ensure the applicant’s full participation if requested.
Resumes are only accepted in response to advertised vacancies and will be used for the purposes of determining eligibility for employment only. We appreciate all resumes, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any document in an accessible format please contact us by email.
This is a non-unionized position.
The NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Please apply on this link: https://ndp.bamboohr.com/careers/271 by March 23, 2023
Thank you for your application. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.