Job: Executive Assistant to the MPP
Status: Full-time (32 hours per week)
Department/ Location: Office of MPP Monique Taylor, Queen’s Park
Objective: To coordinate the Member’s Queen’s Park and Constituency Office and to carry out political and legislative duties on behalf of the Member.
Responsible to the Member for:
1. Management and Supervision (in consultation with the Member)
- Makes effective recommendations concerning the hiring new employees at the Members Offices.
- Assigns duties, monitors workload and assignments.
- Makes effective recommendations concerning budgets, staffing levels, coordinates employee vacations, monitors attendance and determines overtime needs.
- Manages Member’s Queen’s Park Office.
- Manages social media and ensures MPP has strong presence.
2. Administration and Correspondence
- Responds and resolves issues and problems or assigns matters to employees at Queen’s Park or in the Constituency Office.
- Prepares specialized correspondence on behalf of the Member.
- Consults with Senior Team regarding Question Period Strategy and prepares Questions for the Member as assigned.
- Liaises with stakeholders and community groups. Performs constituency outreach.
3. Advisory/Research Duties
- Monitors legislation and proceedings of the legislature.
- Advises Member on policy and strategy.
- Identifies emerging issues.
- Provides support in developing specialized research.
- Ensures Member is provided with up to date information on all matters necessary for the Member to perform their legislative responsibilities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the NDP, the Ontario Government and
- public affairs.
- Proven research skills, specifically the MPP's Critic areas.
- Knowledge in mental health and addiction is preferred
- Excellent communications skills; including strong writing and computer skills, ability to work with the public; ability to work under pressure; and work to tight deadlines.
- Second Language, both oral and written is strongly desired.
- Experience in the labour movement or NDP organization and election campaigns would be an asset.
- Familiarity with MPP's Constituency, Critic and Legislative responsibilities.
- Media Relations experience preferred
The NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Please apply at this link https://ndp.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=126
Thank you for your application. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.