The Ontario NDP Caucus is seeking a motivated and organized Director of Outreach and External Relations to join our senior leadership team and support the work of Ontario’s new Official Opposition Leader Marit Stiles and our Caucus of MPPs from across the province.
- In collaboration with the senior leadership team, develop and implement a strategic outreach plan to engage constituents, the public and stakeholders in the legislative work of our Caucus;
- Increase visibility of our Leader and MPPs in communities across the province;
- Provide strategic direction, coaching and management for a team of outreach and external relations staff;
- Conceive, create and adapt outreach materials, trainings and tools for MPPs and their staff to support their own community engagement efforts;
- Set targets and prepare progress reports, presentations, briefings, and analysis for various audiences.
- Coordinate staff training and support tools to assist Members in their ongoing community engagement work.
- Maintain contact with other departments, staff and other key stakeholders to ensure alignment of work across the organization.
- Assist with recruitment, hiring and management of personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of the Ontario NDP Caucus, political campaigns, provincial government and Ontario public affairs;
- At least two years of recent experience in outreach, event planning, community engagement or public relations work;
- Significant experience in electoral and/or issue-based advocacy campaigns;
- Experience working with NDP organizations, the labour movement, non-profits or social movements;
- Understanding and knowledge of ethnocultural and racialized organizations and communities;
- Commitment to the values and objectives of the Ontario New Democratic Party;
- Experience managing staff in a unionized environment;
- Strong political judgement and ability to identify outreach opportunities;
- Experience designing and implementing training programs;
- Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and to balance and prioritize multiple projects;
- Superior organization and time management skills and ability to create processes to efficiently manage the work of a team;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail;
- Enthusiasm for and availability to travel and work irregular hours including weekends is essential;
- Candidates must have a familiarity with equity, anti-racism and anti-oppression policy frameworks;
- Proficiency to read, write and speak in a second language is strongly preferred;
- A valid driver’s license and access to a car is preferred.
Ontario NDP Caucus is committed to providing a flexible work environment where you feel supported to do your best work. Given the nature of our work environment most of our work is performed onsite at Queen’s Park in Toronto but flexibility for remote work is available. Occasional travel within Ontario is a requirement. Extensive use of computers and collaborative work applications is a requirement.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
$102,000 annual salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and the opportunity to work on the frontlines of progressive politics in Ontario.
The Ontario NDP Caucus is committed to creating a respectful, inclusive, and barrier-free workplace that allows all staff to reach their full potential. We believe that equity, inclusion, and diversity is key to organizational success. We encourage applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and other equity-seeking groups.
The Ontario NDP Caucus is committed to fostering an accessible and equitable recruitment process for all applicants. We will attempt to provide reasonable accommodation to ensure the applicant’s full participation if requested.
Resumes are only accepted in response to advertised vacancies and will be used for the purposes of determining eligibility for employment only. We appreciate all resumes, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. If you require any document in an accessible format, please contact us by email. This is a non-unionized management position.
The NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Please apply on this link: https://ndp.bamboohr.com/careers/281
Thank you for your application. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.