The Ontario NDP Caucus is seeking a Director of Leader’s Tour to support Ontario’s new Official Opposition Leader Marit Stiles as she undertakes her duties and engages with communities across the province. The successful candidate will lead a team of tour officers and will build a robust travel program for the Leader and caucus members. As a member of the senior leadership team, the Director of Leader’s Tour will work collaboratively and form strong relationships with various stakeholders and community organizations.
- Developing a province-wide tour strategy and plan for the Leader’s tour based on caucus priorities.
- Providing the Leader and Caucus with sound strategic advice as it relates to events, scheduling and touring in Ontario.
- Setting timelines, goals and a reporting structure for staff to implement the tour strategy.
- Planning and overseeing caucus-hosted events including caucus retreats, luncheons, community celebrations along with participation in major events hosted by stakeholders.
- Implementing new planning and logistics systems and coordinating work within shared calendars, tracking documents, and project management platforms.
- Generating creative ideas for the effective targeting of the Leader’s Tour events; developing and executing cohesive and highly effective targeting strategies and tactics across multiple channels to reach key audiences.
- Maintaining close collaboration with and communication across multiple offices, departments, and teams on planning, execution, optimization and reporting of campaigns.
- Managing the preparation of Leader’s Tour materials as required.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders, local community organizations, ethno-cultural and racialized community groups on behalf of the Leader.
- Experience working in a senior role in government, opposition or in media, NGOs, trade unions, non-profit sector, or private sector with a strong understanding of legislative processes.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in tour planning, event management, and/or operations.
- A strategic thinker and project manager with the ability to set clear priorities, solve problems and work under pressure with tight timelines.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, for political purposes.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team and to foster a collaborative working environment.
- Ability to travel and maintain a flexible schedule.
- Driver’s license strongly preferred.
- Candidates must have a familiarity with equity, anti-racism and anti-oppression policy frameworks;
- Sound knowledge of Canadian politics, the New Democratic Party, its policies, programme and structure
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities and demands.
- Ability to maintain the integrity of confidential information.
- Proficiency in French, and any additional language is an asset.
The Ontario NDP Caucus is committed to providing a flexible work environment where you feel supported to do your best work. Given the nature of our work environment most of our work is performed onsite at Queen’s Park in Toronto but travel within Ontario is a requirement. There is flexibility for some remote work. Extensive use of computers and collaborative work applications is a requirement.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
$102,000 annual salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to work on the frontlines of progressive politics in Ontario.
The Ontario NDP Caucus is committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all staff to reach their full potential. We believe that equity, inclusion and diversity is key to organizational success. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply including women, racialized persons, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and other equity-seeking groups.
The Ontario NDP Caucus is committed to fostering an accessible and equitable recruitment process for all applicants. We will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations to ensure the applicant’s full participation if requested.
Please apply on this link https://ndp.bamboohr.com/careers/296 by May 31, 2023
Resumes are only accepted in response to advertised vacancies and will be used for the purposes of determining eligibility for employment only. We appreciate all resumes, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any document in an accessible format, please contact us by email.
This is a non-unionized management position.