To assist the Member by completing assigned casework and outreach duties.
Responsible to Member for:
• Preparing, gathering, maintaining, and compiling research material as requested
• by Member to aid in communicating with constituents and organizations in the constituency.
• Responding to requests for research or information from the MPP’s constituents.
• Monitor local media to ensure a strong media presence for the Member. May include preparing weekly columns, drafting op-eds, standard media releases and arranging stand-up interviews.
• Work with the MPP and caucus communications department to develop a strong social media presence and manage online social media to increase MPP’s visual identity; and assist with outreach and engagement to help promote awareness of the MPP in the riding.
• Keeping informed in all policy areas assigned by Member and liaising with interest groups within the constituency.
• Dealing with enquiries and solving problems and advocating for constituents (casework).
• Contacting and responding to constituents by telephone, writing and in person.
• Contacting senior government personnel, officials from outside organizations, and local government.
• Preparing all documentation related to casework.
• Travel throughout the Riding to perform outreach, casework and event planning.
• Other related duties as assigned by the Member.
• The successful candidate must have extensive experience working with members of the public exhibiting varying heightened emotions.
• Knowledge of the NDP and the Canadian labour movement, Canadian government, Ontario government and public affairs
• Demonstrated knowledge and understand of Equity and Diversity frameworks and considerations and it applies to the duties of the position
• Ability to write articles and reports, to meet deadlines, produce accurate work and maintain organized records.
• Ability to advocate effectively on behalf of the Member’s constituents.
• Excellent computer skills required including Twitter, Facebook, Mailchimp, etc.
• Familiarity with member’s constituency and portfolio areas and key stakeholder groups in the riding is essential.
• Proficiency in English is essential.
• Experience in NDP organizations and community organizing is an asset.
• Knowledge and existing rapport with local riding and community members is preferred.
• Proficiency in social media is desired.
• Second language skills preferred
The NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Please apply on this link: https://ndp.bamboohr.com/careers/323
Thank you for your application. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.