To assist the Leader and Caucus in carrying out their public, parliamentary, party and caucus responsibilities by coordinating the development and implementation of media relations strategies based on strategic themes and priorities.
To assist the Leader and MPPs to deliver the NDP message across the province through all communication platforms.
RESPONSIBLE TO THE DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS TO:
- At the direction of the Director of Communications, implement our caucus promotional material development and production.
- Work closely with the Communications and Leader’s Tour team to ensure high quality, creative, inspiring media content to promote the Leader and Caucus priorities.
- Work with Communications and Outreach team to coordinate and execute our communications and outreach strategy.
- Co-ordinate with the other media relations, communications, outreach, and Leader’s Tour staff to produce promotional content for all platforms.
- Responsible for daily media clip pulls and distribution.
- Responsible for working with MPP staff to identify and edit video clips from question period, member’s statements, house debates and proceedings for distribution through social media.
- Manage digital clippings and software.
- Coordination and design of MPP newsletters and leaflets.
- Provide advice on Caucus promotional material content to ensure quality control
- Coordination of all printing production for caucus services and MPPs.
- Manage the caucus services print room, equipment and supplies
- Experience with large format printers and operation of a small print/reproduction shop is essential.
- Responsible for liaising with the legislative assembly Purchasing and Finance branches including being fully up-to-date on all rules and regulations governing MPP promotional materials.
- Coordinate the caucus services media studio
- Set, communicate and maintain timelines and priorities on every project.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree, preferably in the Arts, Film Media Study, Photography, Communications or other related field
- Proficient in current Adobe Creative Suite programs, primarily Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator) and or Final Cut Pro, Mac and PC literate with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency working with both video and still photography and experience in audio recording equipment and techniques for lighting both video and portrait productions an asset
- Demonstrated experience with content management systems, video editing software, experience operating technical equipment
- Experience and knowledge in communications, marketing, and public relations
- Knowledge, appropriate to the position, of the NDP, the Ontario government and the workings of the Legislature
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent political judgment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment and turn productions around within tight timelines while maintaining a high level of quality
- Proven ability to work energetically, without supervision, to produce accurate and effective work according to deadlines, and maintain organized records
- Willingness to work irregular hours, including weekends, and to travel as required
- Experience in the labour movement or NDP organization, as well as election campaigns, would be an asset
- Second language skills would be an asset
- Familiarity with equity, anti-racism and anti-oppression policy frameworks
The NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Applications to Human Resources Co-coordinator NDP Caucus, email: email@example.com,