Communications Officer – Graphic Design
Part Time – Contract: November 2017 – March 31 2018
The Communications Officer – Graphic Designer, in collaboration with the Director of Communications and other Communications team members, is responsible for driving the Ontario NDP Caucus’ creative vision and brand. The position will work in a multi-project environment to produce innovative and engaging deliverables that elevate and differentiate the Party.
Responsible to the Director of Communications, Strategic Planning & Issues Management:
- Design effective and on-brand artwork for various communication materials, including packaging, print collateral, digital collateral, ads and direct mail.
- Aid in the development and implementation of Party brand standards to ensure materials follow appropriate professional and internal brand guidelines
- Collaborate on integrated campaigns to develop compelling visual concepts, tools, templates and products in various mediums
- Other duties as required
- Proven experience with working within established identity standards
- Ability to work under pressure in a creative team environment, managing tight deadlines and competing priorities in a demanding and fast-paced environment with irregular hours.
- Exceptional knowledge of Mac platform and Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop; Illustrator; InDesign; etc.) required
- Strong design portfolio
- Sound knowledge of Canadian politics, the NDP and current affairs
- Strong organizational skills, communication skills and sound political judgement
- Experience with project management software (i.e. Asana) an asset
- Detail oriented
- Bilingualism (English and French) an asset
The Ontario NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Applications to Human Resources Coordinator NDP Caucus, firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax, 416-325-2266.