Status: Fulltime (32 hours per week)
Department/ Location: Leader’s Secretariat (NDP Caucus), Queen’s Park
Objective: To assist the Leader’s Secretariat and Caucus with the creation and distribution of engaging, high-quality digital content for social media.
Responsible to the Director of the Leader’s Secretariat for:
1. Social Media
- Assist with the preparation of high-quality, accurate, proof-read social media content on behalf of the Leader’s Secretariat and Caucus.
- Assist with developing overall look and feel goals of the Leader’s Secretariat.
- Help manage competing demands ensure they are achieved.
- Monitor and adapt to evolving social media best practices.
- Assist with creatively and strategically shooting video and still footage.
- Edit video and still footage as directed for distribution across various platforms.
- Working closely with other departments – Digital, Communications, Community Engagement and Issues Management – to ensure social media posts are timely, appropriate and in line with NDP policy and the message box of the day.
- Have key posts reviewed and approved by relevant departments, on behalf of the Leader’s Secretariat.
- Managing follow-up and responses, as required.
- Respond to day-to-day events and incorporate them into a dynamic online presence on multiple coordinated social media channels.
- Electronically track metrics and engagement on Leader’s social media.
- Build stocks of relevant content (photos, videos) that align with look and feel.
3. Public Relations
- Contacting and working with validators, constituents and the general public as required.
4. Advisory/Research Duties
- Remain informed of NDP policy and the Caucus’ position on topics of current interest and concern
- Performing specialized research at the Director’s request
5. Event Preparation
- Provide input on tour planning to ensure best possible social media content is created.
- Demonstrated knowledge appropriate to the position of the NDP and/or Canadian Labour movement, and of the Ontario Government and public affairs.
- Background in communications, copy-editing, journalism, marketing a strong asset
- Excellent communication skills and exceptional writing skills
- Strong understanding of social media platforms including hands-on skills and experience Familiarity with digital storytelling concepts like teasers, structure, flow, and identifying target audience
- Experience in capturing broadcast-quality photo and video content
- Experience as a content creator, video editor or writer
- Experience writing for broadcast or video content and/or editorial an asset
- Ability to work with the public
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Ability to conduct research
- Good political judgment and discretion is essential
- Proven experience working with confidential information is an asset
- Strong office organization skills and attention to detail are essential
- Excellent computer skills including electronic list management and record-keeping
- Experience in the Labour movement or NDP organization and election campaigns is an asset
- Second language skills is an asset
- Familiarity with equity, anti-racism and anti-oppression policy frameworks
The NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Please apply on this link https://ndp.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=104 .
Please provide examples of previous work alongside resume. Thank you for your application. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted