Objective: To assist NDP Caucus Services with administrative responsibilities including reception for the Leader’s Office and the Chief of Staff and Principal Secretary.
1. Leader’s Secretariat Administration
This position reports to the Director of Human Resources and Operations.
Liaise with Senior Management in Caucus services about their ongoing administrative needs and priorities.
Take confidential minutes for Senior Team Meetings, Labour Management Committee Meetings, and Budget Meetings as required.
Responsible for monitoring and triaging confidential email correspondence for the Chief of Staff and Principal Secretary.
Responsible for overseeing schedules for the Chief of Staff and Principal Secretary.
Coordinate the administrative needs for the Chief of Staff and Principal Secretary including office set up, equipment and furniture orders, office supplies and IT support, and implementation of day-to-day operations.
Work with Operations and Secretariat Staff to ensure Leader’s Office common areas including meeting rooms, kitchens, and storage areas are maintained, supplies tracked, and replenished as needed.
Work with Operations. Secretariat and MPP staff to keep all staff and MPP directories updated regularly.
Liaise with Legislative Assembly Staff and other Government Officials as required.
2. Oversee Leader’s Secretariat Reception
Provide daily coverage of the Leader’s Secretariat Reception.
Greet and assist visitors to the Leader’s office. Triage MPP guests when necessary.
Deal with day-to-day inquiries from the public, staff and MPPs directly and where appropriate triage with Caucus Service staff to ensure that inquiries are directed to appropriate staff and responded to in a timely fashion.
Electronically track all inquiries from the public to the Leader’s Secretariat and who they were directed to for response.
Track when required public responses to topical or controversial issues.
Coordinate with Leader’s Secretariat to ensure Leader’s correspondence is directed to appropriate staff and responded to in a timely manner.
3. Other Duties as required
- Knowledge appropriate to the position of the NDP and/or Canadian labour movement, and of the Ontario Government and public affairs
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with the public; ability to work with minimal supervision; ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated experience with telephone reception in an intense work environment
- Knowledge of the inner workings of the Leader’s Office and Caucus Services an asset
- Strong office organization skills and attention to detail are essential
- Excellent computer skills including electronic list management and record keeping
- Good political judgment and discretion essential
- Bilingual candidate preferred. Second language skills would be an asset
- Experience in the Labour movement or NDP organization and election campaigns would be an asset.
The NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Applications to Human Resources Co-ordinator NDP Caucus, email: [email protected], Fax: 416-325-2266.