To assist the Member by completing assigned casework and outreach duties.
Responsible to the Member for:
- Preparing, gathering, maintaining and compiling research material as requested by Member to aid in communicating with constituents and organizations in the constituency.
- Responding to requests for research or information from the MPP’s constituents.
- Monitor local media to ensure a strong media presence for the Member. May include preparing weekly columns, drafting op-eds, standard media releases and arranging stand-up interviews. As well, will work with the MPP and caucus communications department to develop a strong social media presence and manage online social media to increase MPP’s visual identity; and assist with outreach and engagement to help promote awareness of the MPP in the riding.
- Keeping informed in all policy areas assigned by Member and liaising with interest groups within the constituency.
- Dealing with enquiries and solving problems and advocating for constituents (case work). Contacting and responding to constituents by telephone, writing, and in person. Contacting senior government personnel, officials from outside organizations, land ocal government.
- Preparing all documentation related to casework.
- Travel throughout the Riding to perform outreach, casework and event planning and other duties as assigned by the Member.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Member
- Knowledge of the NDP and the Canadian labour movement, Canadian government, Ontario government and public affairs.
- Ability to write articles and reports, to meet deadlines, produce accurate work and maintain organized records.
- Ability to understand and prepare cases and to advocate effectively on behalf of the Member’s constituents.
- Excellent computer skills required including Twitter, Facebook, Mailchimp.
- Familiarity with Member’s constituency and key local stakeholder groups is essential.
- Experience in NDP organizations and election campaigns would be an asset.
- Proficiency in social media required. Second language skills preferred.
- Familiarity with equity, anti-racism and anti-oppression policy frameworks.
- Travel between Queen’s Park and Constituency offices - as requested by member.
Send application to
Human Resources Coordinator
Ontario NDP Caucus
The NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.