RESEARCH ASSISTANT, NDP CAUCUS SERVICES PART TIME (20 HOURS /WEEK ) CONTRACT SEPTEMBER 19 – DECEMBER 15 2017
To assist the Leader and Caucus Members in carrying out their public, parliamentary, party and caucus responsibilities.
To work closely with Research, Tour, Strategic Development departments ensuring full co-ordination and successful communication of the policies and priorities of Caucus.
RESPONSIBLE TO THE DIRECTOR OF OUTREACH FOR:
Research assignments as directed by Director of Research
Maintaining contact with and becoming thoroughly knowledgeable about political, community and stakeholder organizations and issues through regular gathering of research from media, community, government, stakeholders and other sources.
Developing, maintaining and monitoring files on government programs, stakeholder organizations and their concerns, general issues, events, and other matters of importance within assigned policy areas.
Providing information and political analysis and advise to Caucus and Director of Research.
Generating ideas for effective, targeted political action to advance Caucus strategic goals.
Preparing a variety of reports, presentations, briefings, analysis specific to research for various audiences.
Other related duties as directed by Director of Research.
- Knowledge appropriate to the position, of the Ontario NDP Caucus, the Ontario government and the working of the Legislature.
- At least one year of recent experience in research, outreach and public relations skills.
- Strong political judgment and the ability to perceive and purse new angles and political opportunities in the daily flood of information.
- Ability to write succinctly and quickly.
- Proven ability to work energetically without supervision, provide leadership skills, produce accurate and effective work according to tight deadlines, and maintain organized records.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work with the public, ability to work under pressure, excellent computer and office organization skills.
- Willingness to work irregular hours including weekends and to travel.
The NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accomodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Applications to Human Resources Coordinator NDP Caucus, firstname.lastname@example.org Fax, 416-325-2266.